The Graduate Dean has established a mechanism for supporting qualified Doctoral and Masters Student’s travel to national scientific meetings for the presentation of their research.
- Applications will be accepted three times each year (February 1, June 1, October 1) and should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on the due date. If the 1st of the month occurs on a weekend, the due date is automatically extended to the next business day.
- A maximum of $1,500 will be allotted for each awardee.
- Two awards will be provided for each application cycle.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Students must be enrolled full time in a Doctoral or Masters program offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must have successfully completed the program qualifying exam and applied for admission to candidacy for the Ph.D. or M.S. degree.
A complete application should be submitted by the 5pm deadline and must include:
- GSBS Travel Award Cover Letter
- CV, or Biosketch in NIH format (include all sources of funding you are receiving or have received in the past)
- One page statement identifying the potential benefits to be gained from attending the conference and the effects on your career goals.
- Unofficial UT Health San Antonio transcript
- Abstract of presentation
- 2 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the Supervising Professor
More about the Award
Application and required documentation will be reviewed by the GSBS Awards Committee.
Awardees will be notified by the Dean’s Office within 45 days.
The Dean’s Office will coordinate with the department administrator to distribute the reimburse travel related expenditures up to $1,500.
*GSBS Travel Awards are only awarded once during a graduate student’s tenure*