We are so proud to debut our new M.D./Ph.D. program, “Where Will Your Path Take You.” Watch this short video and meet a few of our students.
The University of Texas Health Science Center’s M.D./Ph.D. program trains physician-scientists and dentist-scientists to advance improvements in patient care through their research. The program was ranked 5th out of 113 programs nationwide that reported training M.D./Ph.D. students during the 2015-2016 academic year and 4th for highest percentage of students who received NIH F30 or F31 grants.
This dual degree program is a seven-to nine-year program, in which students complete two years in the School of Medicine, then embark full-time on their Ph.D. dissertation research for three to five years and then students will finish their final two years in the School of Medicine. For more information about the program, click here.
Special thanks to
– Dr. JosA© Cavazos, Assistant Dean and Director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program
– Eithan Kotkowski, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Kristen Chanele Rogers, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Curtis Anthony Clark, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Mariam Ishaque, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Justin Drerup, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Nathan Mitchell, Physiology graduate student
– Petra Jans, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Jacklyn Hill, M.D./Ph.D. Administrative Staff
– Katie Hinchee-Rodriguez, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Lauren Clark, spouse of M.D./ Ph.D. student
– Henry and Greta Clark, children of M.D./Ph.D. student
– Laura Caflisch, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Brett Ipson, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Trevi Ramirez, M.D./Ph.D. student
– Brian Iskra, M.D./Ph.D. student