What you need to know about Gold’s Gym Medical Center Reopening
MEMO FROM ANDREA MARKS (See Original Post)
While gyms were authorized by the Texas Governor’s Office to open in May, UT Health San Antonio delayed the reopening of Gold’s Gym, located on our campus, until the positive diagnosis rate of COVID-19 declined to 5% or less. We also wanted to assess the impact of the reopening of other gyms in our community to ensure we were making decisions in the best and safest interest of our students and employees.
We are pleased to announce that Gold’s Gym Medical Center will reopen on October 19, 2020, at 5 am with modified hours of operation, lower capacity levels and adjusted facility amenities. By working diligently with our partner at Gold’s Gym, we were able to establish mitigation measures to prevent transmission of COVID-19 in the facility. These safety protocols are designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and include limiting the number of people allowed in the facility at any one time, as well as following guidelines for physical distancing, masks, hand hygiene, frequently scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces and stringent disinfection practices. Compliance with these guidelines will be strictly enforced. These protocols follow guidelines recommended by the CDC and comply with both state and local orders. We will continue to monitor health conditions in the community and modify operations as needed.
All gym members will be required to abide by an enhanced Code of Conduct related to safety precautions. Students will receive additional membership activation information from the Office of Student Life. Employees will receive additional information directly from Gold’s Gym.
For faculty and staff only, Gold’s Gym will be offering a reopening special through October 31, 2020, whereby new memberships are available for just $1. The monthly membership fee is $49.99, plus tax. Contact Gold’s Gym at 210-615-3838 to join.
HOURS OF OPERATION
· Mon-Fri | 5 am-11 pm
· Sat-Sun | 7 am-7 pm
MASKS ARE REQUIRED
· Gold’s Gym will not provide masks for members
STATUS OF GYM AMENITIES
· Pool – OPEN
· Locker Rooms and Showers – OPEN at 25% limited capacity
· Classes – RESERVATION REQUIRED
· Basketball Court – CLOSED
· Sauna and Steam Rooms – CLOSED
· Sleeping Rooms – CLOSED
STATUS OF OUTDOOR EXERCISE FACILITIES
· Running Track – OPEN
· Tennis Courts – OPEN
· Outdoor Exercise Stations – OPEN
· Sand Volleyball Court – CLOSED
· Outdoor Water Fountain/Outdoor Restroom – CLOSED
· Softball Field – CLOSED
GOLD’S GYM CODE OF CONDUCT (See Original PDF)
In order to provide a safe and healthy experience for our entire Community of Members, Team Members, and Guests, Gold’s Gym has adopted this new Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct (the “Code”) is intended to provide health and safety standards that are required by all Members, Team Members, and Guests when using Gold’s Gym’s facilities, programs, or any services, to ensure the welfare and protection of all parties. Gold’s Gym grants the privilege of membership; therefore, Gold’s Gym may cancel your membership (and any services or products purchased from Gold’s Gym) at any time for non-compliance with the Code. By signing this form, you are acknowledging that you 1) fully read and understand Gold’s Gym’s Code of Conduct, and 2) will abide by these standards described here within at all times when using any Gold’s Gym facility or any other product or service included with your membership. As a Member or Guest of Gold’s Gym, I agree I will:
• Adhere to all Gold’s Gym facility ‘Rules and Regulations’ in conjunction with the Code of Conduct
• NOT visit any Gold’s Gym facility if I am aware of or displaying any symptoms that are potential flu-like indications such as fever, cough, or any difficulty with breathing
• Assume any and all liability for my health and well-being by physically attending the premises of a Gold’s Gym facility despite the recent COVID-19 pandemic
• Abide by the physical distancing rule(s) by keeping a 6-foot distance between Members, Team Members, or Guests at all times when using any Gold’s Gym facility or any other product or service included with your membership
• Minimize and avoid unnecessary physical contact with others
• NOT attempt to use equipment that is non-operational or has any sign communicating non-use for any reason stated by Gold’s Gym Management
• Thoroughly wipe down equipment after every use with the sanitation supplies provided by Gold’s Gym and ensure all trash is discarded in designated waste baskets only
• Return all equipment to the original place for proper storage after every use
• Understand that the hours of operations for all Gold’s Gym facilities may include a daily 1-hour intermission for sanitation and cleaning purposes, and as such, I may not check-in for a new workout, but I may conclude my workout if I checked in before the posted 1-hour period
• Use personal protective equipment as required by federal, state and local guidelines.
• Have temperature checked prior to checking in for workouts.
• Patrons should not come to the club when they are feeling ill.
Thank you for doing your part as we work together to keep our community safe for all our valued Members, Team Members, and Guests. Please check back with us regularly in the club or on our local Facebook pages as guidelines may change based on CDC and State requirements for sanitation, physical distancing, Member, Team Member, and Guest safety, as well as facility and amenity hours of operation.