Take action and carry out a random act of kindness for someone else. Kindness is act of doing something for someone with no expectation of something in return. Research shows that helping others can be beneficial to our own mental health. It can reduce stress, improve emotional wellbeing and even benefit our physical health.
The challenge will run through December 24. Place your entries on our Kudoboard for a chance to be eligible for random drawings of prizes.
A Few Ideas of Random Acts of Kindness
1. Pay for someone’s morning coffee
2. Run a virtual 5k for a good cause
3. Rake the leaves for your neighbors
4. Leave your server/delivery person a generous tip
5. Leave an inspirational note on a labmate’s desk or the lab whiteboard
6. Participate in a fundraiser
7. Donate your old clothes to a charity
8. Buy a friend or fellow student’s lunch
9. Help tutor a fellow student
10. Reconnect with old friends – send a letter instead of a text