What You Need To Know For Winter Break: Briscoe Library Holiday Hours, Shuttle Schedule, & Power Outage on Long Campus Dec. 18-20
Facilities Management will be conducting a power outage impacting the Dental Building, Basic Science Building, UT Police Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls Dec. 18-20.
During the power outage, normal CPS Energy power will not be availablethroughout the Dental Building (spaces having the R, S, T and U designations), Basic Science Building (spaces having the V designation), UT Police Building, Briscoe Library and lecture halls.
All emergency powered systems, fire and life safety systems, red receptacles, emergency lighting, telecommunications and security systems will be available.
The power outage is scheduled to start on Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. All power is expected to be restored by Sunday, Dec. 20 at 6 p.m.
- If you are in a space that will be impacted by the power outage, please power down your computers and all nonessential equipment prior to your departure for the holidays and prior to Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. There is no need to unplug the equipment from the power outlet(s).
- Should you require extension cords for emergency powered freezers or any other critical equipment, or an emergency power review of your equipment, please contact Raymundo Rivera at RiveraR5@uthscsa.edu or Joe Lopez, P.E. at email@example.com or 210-567-2230.
- Refrigerators and freezers not on emergency power should be defrosted and disconnected (unplugged) prior to the outage. These refrigerators and freezers include those utilized by departments in breakrooms or lunch spaces. Any ice in ice maker machines should be removed prior to the power outage.
- Parking lot lighting will not be impacted by the power outage.
- Should you be utilizing your computer in Remote Desktop mode, and you are in one of the spaces impacted by the power outage, your computer will need to be turned on and logged into after the power outage.
- UT Health VPN functionality will not be impacted so placing work files on a server is a good alternate to Remote Desktop.
- Facilities Management staff will be on-site throughout the entire power outage and the Facilities Management Building will be staffed for any in-person or call-in requests.
- During the power outage, Facilities Management staff will be performing routine space reviews of the impacted spaces.
- The Facilities Management 24 hour/365 day telephone number is 210-567-2880.
Facilities Management staff has revisited with research staff in R, S, T, U and V spaces that will be impacted by the power outage.
Plans for required extension cords, any portable cooling units and/or other temporary electrical system accommodations have been established.
Should you still require a review of your space or a temporary electrical accommodation, email Raymundo Rivera at RiveraR5@uthscsa.edu.
No other buildings or spaces on the Long Campus (such as the Medical School Building, the Nursing School Buildings, AAB, ALTC, EHS/Space Planning, Holly Auditorium, Print Shop/Warehouse, the former HR Building, the Facilities Management Building, Forensics Science Center Building, and Gold’s Gym), Greehey Campus, PARC, Texas Research Park, UT Health Hill Country, and UT Plaza will be impacted.
Briscoe Library’s Winter Break Hours:
Fri. 12/18 – 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Planned power outage begins at 6:00 p.m.)
Sat. 12/19 – Closed (Power outage continues)
Sun. 12/20 – Closed (Power outage continues until 6:00 p.m.)
Mon. 12/21 – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tues. 12/22 – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wed. 12/23 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thurs. 12/24 – Closed (Christmas Eve)
Fri. 12/25 – Closed (Christmas Day)
Sat. 12/26 – Closed
Sun. 12/27 – Closed
Mon. 12/28 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tues. 12/29 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wed. 12/30 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thurs. 12/31 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fri. 1/1 – Closed (New Year’s Day)
Sat. 1/2 – Closed
Sun. 1/3 – Closed
Mon. 1/4 – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (normal hours resume)
The UT Health San Antonio campus shuttle will not be available from Monday, Dec. 21 through Friday, Jan. 1. Normal shuttle operations will resume on Monday, Jan. 4.